Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When All Else Fails...

Give it away!

I am putting together the prizes from the contest I held at the end of August. So far each of the 4 participants will receive 1 half yard, 2 traditional quarter yards and 4 fat quarters. It may increase though, I am aiming for 3 yards total. Each pile is a hodge podge collection from my stash that I haven't used yet. I am planning on mailing 2 prizes this weekend and delivering the other 2 next week.

Another place to give away fabric is to your local philanthropy group, check with your local quilt guild or quilt shop. I am giving to Manteca Quilters, my guild. They make cute quilts out of 6" squares and then use the 3" x 6" rectangles to make variation of Chinese Coins. I have been cutting excess fabric into these two groupings to be delivered this week.

I am also revisiting my Mod Quad quilt this next week. Look for a new varation on that soon!

2 comments:

Lue-Anne said...

Got my stash prize package on Tuesday. Thank you Thank you Thank you. I am tickled "BLUE"! I think an Easter table runner is in my future. Thanks Again, LA

Linda said...

Hi Dianah
I never did receive my stash prize package up here in Canada. But then I'm not sure you mailed it in mid September!
Lurking Linda
stoleequilts@gmail.com