Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week 45

Fabric In This Week: 7.25 yards
Fabric In This Year: 119.076 yards

Fabric Out This Week: 12.207 yards
Fabric Out This Year: 186.043 yards

Total Busted This Year: 66.967 yards

Okay so it will be a slow climb back to that 104 yards by the end of the year. I will make it! Less than 40 yards to go and I have 7 weeks to do it in. I CAN DO IT!

That 7.25 yards purchase was the rest of the fabric I needed for Judy's current Quilt For an Hour Project. Mine looks like nothing I have made before! I tried Judy's advise of getting a print that you like and pulling the colors from there. I liked the stripe that my client gave me to use in her quilt, so I grabbed it and went and matched colors. I will get some of the stripe to use as my binding.

I also sent one of my quilts to a new quilter this week, I am trying a new to me quilter. So that was 6 yards for a back out of the stash. Maybe I can get another one to a quilter before the end of the year, hmmm.

This next week I am hoping to get all the blocks for the client quilt done, which will bust no stash, plus Scott is leaving for Iraq, so no child care. I am hoping for 10 yards but I think 5 yards is my reality.

Check back next week and see if it is 5 or 10 yards.

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

40 yards, did you realize that's only two large quilts? I figure a queen size quilt with backing and binding uses about 21-22 yards!