Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 2 Stash Buster Report

Welcome to Week 2 Stash Busting Report

Fabric in this week: 1.375 yards
Fabric in this year: 3.375 yards

Fabric Busted this week: 4.692 yards
Fabric Busted this year: 11.117 yards

Total Busted: 7.742 yards

This week I have worked on a few projects. I am still making progress on my guild's president's challenge project. I also cut the fabric to my Ribbon Quilt. It all came from my stash and it will be black, white and blue. I will be working on it this week. I am also working on prizes for my other blog this week which is celebrating it's 2nd blog-a-versary. All of the prizes are being made by me and I am making a second set of the prizes to put on my Etsy shop Kumquat Kewtie.

I have to admit I am not counting all the yardage I bought this week. First let me explain before you comment that I am cheating. I went to a quilter's estate sale this past week, which is where I did buy 1.375 cut yardage. I also bought a few of her UFO's. So I decided instead of trying to figure out how much yardage is in each kit now, then how much of it I use and how much I am adding to the project I will count at the end. So when I add fabric from my stash to the UFO I will count it as busted. Then when I finish the UFO and if I put any of the left overs in my stash I will count it as purchase.

For those of you who don't read my other blog, we are having so major life changes at our house. I have decided not to change my goal of busted yardage BUT I know the reality is I most likely will not make it. My sewing time will be minimal for the next year. Please don't think I have given up, I am just slowing down.

Sorry I have no pictures of what I am working on. My main focus is the president's challenge and it has to remain Top Secret.

1 comment:

Lue-Anne said...

Did you say Black/White and BLUE?
I just can't wait to see it. See ya soon. LA