Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week 1 Stash Report

Welcome to Week 1 Stash Busting Report

Fabric in this week: 2 yards
Fabric in this year: 2 yards

Fabric Busted this week: 6.425 yards
Fabric Busted this year: 6.425 yards

Total Busted: 4.425 yards

I am very excited about this years Stash Busting. My goal is to use 104 yards more than I purchase AND to get a few "wish projects" done. A wish project is just that, I have ALL the fabrics and pattern sitting their ready to go and I WISH I had time to make it.

This week I was able to start two Wish Projects and one is finished. The first project is my President's Challenge, it is something I have wanted to make for about 5 years and haven't done. I counted the yardage in my busted since all my blocks are cut, sewing started and more than half my blocks are finished. My second project was a quilted journal cover from American Patchwork & Quilting. I am using this notebook to keep track of my Stash Busting numbers.


4 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

I love to read back thru everyone posts, and you asked what do I do with my scraps. I cut them into bricks (6.5x3.5") 2.5" noodles, and strings. The leftovers go off the cutting table directly into my trash box! Good luck stashbusting!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Good start to the stashbusting year. Happy quilting!

Kathy said...

Great start! Love the journal cover.

Lue-Anne said...

I love the journal cover. Love, Love, Love. TTFN LA